I started using Olay’s Eye Illuminator early last year when I saw my tired eyes would not go away. I did my research and ended up trying it out and saw noticeable results. I Skype with my parents every week and my Mom even noticed the difference with my eyes. Definity Eye Illuminator has a vitamin-rich complex that combines your usual eye serum with illuminating sheer coverage to get brighter looking eyes. It is just what I needed and I saw results right away, and my eyes gradually looked better and better each and every day.
The product says to use it daily, but once my eyes were fine I stopped using it. The reason I stopped is because the reason why I used Definity in the first place is because I was tired. If you have tired baggy eyes, you have to get to the source of the problem to fix it so that you won’t have to depend on these products all the time (only for emergencies lol).
Here are some other ways to prevent or get rid of your dark, tired baggy eyes:
- Get your 7-8 hours of sleep and rest!
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can cause water retention which could make your eyes look baggy
- Place something cold on your eyelids. Cold will constrict the blood vessels and reduce puffiness. There are many ways you can do this. Some examples are to dip cotton balls in ice water or wrap a napkin around an ice cube and hold it on your eyelid for about 10 minutes.
- Cucumber slices! I think everyone knows about this one. Place the chilled cucumber slices over your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes to reduce the bags under your eyes.
- Exercise! Exercise helps to get your blood circulating in your body and yes, to the muscles around your eyes.
What I love about Olay Definity Eye Illuminator is that it hydrates and strengthens the delicate skin around your eyes. However when I was doing my research on Olay Definity Eye Illuminator I read the reviews and I read a complaint that the small shimmery glitter actually got into the person’s wrinkles and made it look worse. I did not have this problem but I could see this happening since the product is slightly shimmery. I like the shimmer because I believe that is what gives the illusion of having brighter eyes.
That being said, I don’t think this is a good product for those who already have deep set fine lines, wrinkles or crow’s feet. If anything, Olay Definity Eye Illuminator is more of a preventative product to fight signs of aging while reducing the appearance of dark circles. This is just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt 🙂