How to be the best version of you
I believe that there are many reasons why we were put on this earth, but there are three reasons that are on the top of that list. The three reasons are:
- To become our best selves
- To discover our talent or our calling in life, and
- To use our natural skills and talent to make the world a better place
The first step in this process is to be the best person you could be. And this is how you do it…
Embrace your individuality
There is only one YOU in the world, so embrace your unique strengths.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. No two people are exactly alike, and nobody on this planet has lived your life and has experienced all that you have in your lifetime. You have a lot to offer with your life experience.
- Express yourself with your style, clothing, makeup, hair (or lack of hair). Be comfortable in your own skin, in your own clothes, in your own shoes.
- Never EVER try to be something or someone you are not.
You are special, you are one-of-a-kind! Remember this fact always and hold your head up high, because to feel your best you have to be confident!
If you aren’t naturally confident, you can trick yourself into being confident until it becomes a habit.
- Strike a… Superman pose! One way to trick yourself to be more confident is by striking a power pose.
- Improve your posture. Don’t slouch! This could be done by strengthening your core through pilates or yoga.
- Smile and make eye contact when interacting with others
And finally, when it comes to confidence, treat yourself as you would treat your loved ones. You have to learn to be your own best friend. I have found that it is easier to give advice than to follow your own advice! People tend to be harder on themselves. But why? It is okay to hold yourself to a higher standard, but not to the point where it becomes self-defeating or discouraging. You have to take care of yourself.
Take care of your mind and body. This is not about appearance, it is all about investing time in yourself.
- Learn something new. Play brain games or puzzles. Watch the news or documentaries that interest you to know what is going on in the world. Take classes that interest you in person or online. Go to lectures or seminars.
- Pamper yourself. Improve your hygiene practices. It is often said that taking care of yourself makes you feel as if you are worth taking care of. Get a massage, a facial, take a long nap or a long bath!
- Live healthy. Get enough sleep, get a checkup (see a doctor/ dentist/therapist regularly), manage any illnesses or conditions you may have, avoid stress!
And exercise. Exercise will boost your energy and help you feel better physically and mentally. You will look and feel stronger. The rush of endorphins caused by exercise will make you happy as well.
- Workout 3-5 days per week. Ideally, you should be working out 150 minutes a week. But even if you do five minutes of exercise per day, it is a start that could lead to a new healthy habit.
- Mix it up. Do cardio to get your heart pumping and that blood flowing. Get weight training done to strengthen your muscles and improve bone health. And don’t forget to stretch to improve flexibility, improve posture, and protect yourself from injury.
Now that you are working on your new-and-improved self, lets also turn our focus on how you could live a happy and fulfilling life.
On to the next one
Now that we have built a strong foundation (YOU), it is time to focus on outside factors. Read on to get the steps to complete the process and live a happier and more meaningful life.