5 Professional Treatments with Minimal Downtime That Can Help Your Skin
EDGEWATER, Maryland – Over the last couple of decades more people have sought treatments for their skin. In fact, it’s estimated by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery that there are now 11 million surgical and non-surgical cosmetic procedures per year. This represents a 279 percent increase since 1997. Technology and science have come a long way, providing people with numerous options when it comes to seeking better skin. One thing people want with any treatments is minimal downtime.
“Nobody wants to take a lot of time off of work or spend weeks laid up in recovery from a cosmetic treatment,” explains Dr. Sanjiv Saini of MD Dermatology, with locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland. “The good news is that there are plenty of options that will have you back in your normal routine in no time.”
While visiting the dermatologist will provide a range of effective treatment options with minimal downtime, there are five popular ones that people may want to consider, including:
- Ultimate precision neck contouring. This is a minimally invasive procedure that will help eliminate the fat deposits in the neck area. It’s a highly effective treatment that will eliminate the “double chin” or “turkey neck” and requires minimal downtime, with patients able to return to work within a few days, and get back to strenuous activity in two weeks.
- Peels. There are numerous types of chemical peels that are available. They remove the damaged layers of the skin, leaving behind a healthy, glowing and younger looking image. Depending on the type of peel that is done, healing time can be as short as one to seven days.
- Light treatments. The profractional laser treatments are effective at addressing lines, wrinkles, and sun damage. The treatment will address these problem areas and leave the skin with a smoother more unblemished look. Depending on the treatment that is done, healing time typically ranges from 3-6 days, although the healing time won’t keep you from being able to work or do most activities.
- Laser hair removal. Making it more possible to show off your skin and add to the beauty, laser hair removal is a simple treatment option that removes all unwanted hair. With this treatment there’s no recovery or downtime, giving people the ability to head back to work and enjoy the benefits immediately.
- Facials. These treatment options provide people with the ability to improve the overall look of their skin, without using more invasive routes. Facials can be relaxing, but are still effective at removing damaged skin and improving the appearance. A facial has no downtime following the procedure. In fact, it’s something that people can get done on their lunch break.
“Treatments tend to be more affordable and provide better results than people first assume,” added Dr. Saini. “We realize that downtime, especially if people have to miss work to have treatments and recover from them, adds to the cost and inconvenience of getting treatment. But today there are plenty of options that minimize that downtime and are effective at helping your skin to glow.”
MD Dermatology offers a full line of clinical dermatology procedures including precision neck contouring, laser services, injection services, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and more. They are a medically directed spa that offers a wide range of services to meet the unique needs of every patient. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
About MD Dermatology
With locations in Edgewater and Lexington Park, Maryland, MD Dermatology is a full-service medically directed spa. The medical spa is owned by Dr. Sanjiv Saini, a board-certified dermatologist who has also taught at Howard University and is the coordinating dermatologist for the Washington Nationals baseball team. MD Dermatology offers a full array of services, including precision neck contouring, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and more. For additional information, visit their site at: www.mddermatology.com.
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2013 Statistics on Cosmetic Surgery.