Last night all eyes were on Venezuelan actress and singer Kimberly Dos Ramos, star of Nickelodeon’s show Grachi, as she walked down the red carpet at Telemundo’s annual Latin Billboard Awards. Kimberly wore a beautiful bright pink floral Carolina Herrera dress that was picture perfect for Spring. The playful print of the dress combined with Kimberly’s cheerful personality and whimsical grace inspired Gabriel Samra, makeup artist and hair stylist to create a romantic look with the help of Olay, COVERGIRL and Pantene.
I got the inside scoop on how Gabriel Samra gave Kimberly her “Romantic Spring Glamour” look. I don’t know about you guys, but I love finding out what these celebrities use to get their red carpet looks! Get the step-by-step details below!
Romantic Spring Glamour:
Hair & Makeup by Gabriel Samra
Prepping your Canvas
· The key to any great look is to start with a clean canvas. Before applying anything on Kimberly’s face, I used Olay Total Effects Wet Cleansing Cloths to start with a bare face. She has great skin, which is the foundation to a beautiful look. It shows that she maintains a regular regimen and doesn’t leave skincare until the last minute! A red carpet no, no…
· Next, to prep and moisturize her skin I applied Olay Total Effects CC Cream in Fair to Medium. CC Cream is the latest in skincare and I love it because it offers instant coverage, perfect for capturing that spring glow, and it also offers long term benefits.
· Ladies, lashes play a leading role in a romantic look so show them some love! I prepped Kimberly’s eyes with the new Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo that has a hydrating eye cream with a nourishing Lash Serum to provide smoother-looking lids, firmer skin and instantly thicker-looking lashes.
Painting your Canvas
· Face: I started out by applying Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in Creamy Natural (820) to even out Kimberly’s skin tone. Afterwards, I applied COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk (105) to her cheek bones to add a soft rosy glow to give her that spring flush. To set the look I used COVERGIRL Clean Pressed Powder in Creamy Natural (120) to finish off the face and reduce the brightness of the skin so that Kimberly was camera ready.
· Eyes: To really keep the whimsical feel of spring, I applied COVERGIRL Eye Enhancers Eye Shadow in Shimmering Sands (110). The rose tones added subtle pop but kept the look very natural. To give her a wow factor I lined her eye with COVERGIRL Liquiline Blast Eye Liner in Brown Blaze (420).
· As I said, the lashes give this look a smooth flirtatious vibe so I really wanted to enhance them. In order to bring out Kimberly’s beautiful blue eyes I played up her lashes with COVERGIRL Clump Crusher Mascara in Very Black.
* For more beauty how-to tips visit the NEW www.CoverGirlLatina.com site!
Photo credit: Tamargo/Wire
The Finishing Touch
· Hair: When I saw the dress I instantly knew we could accentuate Kimberly’s femininity and soft features with a loose fish tail braid. To make sure that the braid stayed in place throughout the night I used Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray, it provides maximum hold and adds shine. It’s perfect for Miami’s humid weather, where the show takes place.
* For more hair tips and styles visit www.MiPantene.com, created especially for Latinas.
Check out behind the scenes photos below!