I’ve been on the lookout for swimwear since it IS summertime! The perfect time to head to the beach, and my boyfriend’s new casa has a pool! So right now swimwear is essential! Thankfully, I received a $25 gift card for TJ Maxx / Marshalls and checked out our local stores. I’m so glad I did!
When checking out swimwear and beach gear at other department stores the prices were ridiculously high. The awesome thing about TJ Maxx / Marshalls is they have quality swimwear for less! The photo I have up top is an example. The original price is $158 but you could buy it at TJ Maxx / Marshalls for only $29.99! Isn’t that crazy? I put that one up because I’m considering getting that one. I still have to decide though. I received some great tips to help choose the right swimwear and wanted to share it with you all!
* Bold & Bright – Stand out at the beach and grab a suit that flaunts that tan in yellow, turquoise or even black and white. .
* Patterns & Prints – Looking to add curves to a petite frame? Opt for a suit with a bold print in a fun pattern like paisley, tie dye or a mosaic. Tribal prints have also made a huge comeback for this summer and can spice up any swimwear attire.
* Embellishments –This year’s swimwear is all about the bling! Make sure to flaunt one of these new trends: jewels at the neckline, ombre fabric dyeing, ruched sides, buckles and grommet details.
* The New One-Piece – The one-piece is back with updates that you won’t be able to resist! Look for suits with one shoulder straps and hardware to add an edge to your poolside attire. Monokinis are also a huge favorite this year. This sexy one piece allows fashionistas to show a little skin without exposing it all.
A swim look is never complete without the right cover-up, sunglasses, hat, carry-all bag, towel and sun-protection!
* For the Boardwalk cover up with a colorful, strapless sundress, a solid romper or cargo shorts and a tissue tee. Try a long, patterned tunic for a chic on-and off the beach look. Keep feet sand-free with a pair of flat, gladiator sandals with stone embellishments.
* Carry beach gear in an oversized straw bag with ribbon detailing or a cross-body messenger bag.
* Stay sun protected with a pair of aviators or Jackie O style sunglasses, a wide brimmed straw hat in a variety of colors and details or try a lightweight fedora or boater style hat.
I seriously saw so many cute bikinis, one-piece swimswear, and cover-ups I didn’t know what to choose. Here are some others I’m considering
I noticed that COOGI swimwear always caught my eye. I liked this bikini and thought it would be perfect with the Jordan Taylor cover-up I have behind it. (I ended up buying the Jordan Taylor cover-up since it caught my eye as soon as I walked in.. and it was the last one of that style! It is so comfortable and I love it)
This is the cover-up I got, this pic doesn’t do it justice. It’s chic, slightly see through, has a cute lil hood and is sooo comfortable!