I’ve been on the lookout for swimwear since it IS summertime! The perfect time to head to the beach, and my boyfriend’s new casa has a pool! So right now swimwear is essential! Thankfully, I received a $25 gift card for TJ Maxx / Marshalls and checked out our local stores. I’m so glad I did!
When checking out swimwear and beach gear at other department stores the prices were ridiculously high. The awesome thing about TJ Maxx / Marshalls is they have quality swimwear for less! The photo I have up top is an example. The original price is $158 but you could buy it at TJ Maxx / Marshalls for only $29.99! Isn’t that crazy? I put that one up because I’m considering getting that one. I still have to decide though. I received some great tips to help choose the right swimwear and wanted to share it with you all!
* Bold & Bright â€“ Stand out at the beach and grab a suit that flaunts that tan in yellow, turquoise or even black and white. .
* Patterns & Prints â€“ Looking to add curves to a petite frame? Opt for a suit with a bold print in a fun pattern like paisley, tie dye or a mosaic. Tribal prints have also made a huge comeback for this summer and can spice up any swimwear attire.
* Embellishments â€“This yearâ€™s swimwear is all about the bling! Make sure to flaunt one of these new trends: jewels at the neckline, ombre fabric dyeing, ruched sides, buckles and grommet details.
* The New One-Piece â€“ The one-piece is back with updates that you wonâ€™t be able to resist! Look for suits with one shoulder straps and hardware to add an edge to your poolside attire. Monokinis are also a huge favorite this year. This sexy one piece allows fashionistas to show a little skin without exposing it all.
A swim look is never complete without the right cover-up, sunglasses, hat, carry-all bag, towel and sun-protection!
* For the Boardwalk cover up with a colorful, strapless sundress, a solid romper or cargo shorts and a tissue tee. Try a long, patterned tunic for a chic on-and off the beach look. Keep feet sand-free with a pair of flat, gladiator sandals with stone embellishments.
* Carry beach gear in an oversized straw bag with ribbon detailing or a cross-body messenger bag.
* Stay sun protected with a pair of aviators or Jackie O style sunglasses, a wide brimmed straw hat in a variety of colors and details or try a lightweight fedora or boater style hat.
I seriously saw so many cute bikinis, one-piece swimswear, and cover-ups I didn’t know what to choose. Here are some others I’m considering
I noticed that COOGI swimwear always caught my eye. I liked this bikini and thought it would be perfect with the Jordan Taylor cover-up I have behind it. (I ended up buying the Jordan Taylor cover-up since it caught my eye as soon as I walked in.. and it was the last one of that style! It is so comfortable and I love it)
This is the cover-up I got, this pic doesn’t do it justice. It’s chic, slightly see through, has a cute lil hood and is sooo comfortable!